Barbara L. Nason has been practicing family law in the Massachusetts Probate and Family Courts for over 20 years. As a family law attorney, Barbara has developed the experience, compassion and skill to help people reach confidential and cost-effective resolutions to their personal family conflicts outside of court.
Barbara has found that Mediation, Collaborative Law, and other out of court dispute resolution alternatives can produce better results for her clients than the more arduous adversarial divorce process. She’s also discovered, after representing clients with a wide variety of backgrounds, that Mediation and Collaborative Law is better suited for people who have different or unique needs.
Divorce & Family Matters Can be Highly Emotionally Charged
The divorce process can be the most stressful period in a person’s life. Important decisions have to be made — decisions that not only impact a family’s financial future, but the future of children. These are unfamiliar and challenging times for clients. It is during this period, that Barbara calls on her experience and strengths as a compassionate professional to assist her clients and mediating parties to resolve family conflicts without costly litigation.
Barbara has over 20 years of experience in domestic relations matters, including:
- Child Support
- Division of Property
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Uncontested Divorces
Collaborative & Mediation Activities
Barbara is the Former President of the Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (2016). She is also a member of the faculty of the annual Introduction to Collaborative Law Practice certifying attorneys and other disciplines throughout the Commonwealth in Collaborative Law.
Other activities of note include:
- Appointed by the Probate & Family Courts as mediator and conciliator to resolve ongoing disputes
- Regularly serves as Special Master on complex financial cases
- Member of the Massachusetts Council of Family Mediation
- Past President of the Plymouth County Bar Association (2009)
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Plymouth County Bar Association (Past President, 2009)
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Board American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators